Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Woodstock of Our Time

How far would you go to feel accepted and noticed?

Peer pressure is never a thing of the past. 
It haunts your e n t i r e life, remaining even in adulthood.

We often think that peer pressure stops in high school, but I'd like to argue that it becomes terribly worse in your college days.

When you’re in a city surrounded by nightlife, it’s almost hard to say no.

F O M O (Fear of Missing Out) might actually be a legitimate disease, 
s
  n
    a
       k
          i
             n
                 g 
its way through the minds of many in Tallahassee.

I’ve seen things in this town that are undeniably foul.

But just when you think you’re too good for what the person next to you is doing, you’re joining them.
But just when you think, “that’s not going to happen to me,” it’s happening to you.

Remember learning about Woodstock
It was always associated with ***PsYcHeDeLiC dRuGs*** and a hippie movement.

Here we are today, a place that resembles such a movement, a large audience engulfed by the music.
Drugs today are far more dangerous than they were in the 70’s.

In Walter Benjamin's "The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction," he provides a quote that I believe links back to the art of music, advancing with age.


I see people around me, next-to-me, hyped up to the music; almost as if they are in a completely different world than the one I am.

Have you seen Molly? I’ve been looking everywhere and I can’t seem to find Molly.

Everyone around me lives through the music, has the same passion for it, and would do anything to come to this magnificent place like I would.

But this drug enhances their love of the music.

We live in a decade where people would rather enjoy the sensation of the music for hours on end, than a healthy lifestyle.

But who can blame them?


Tomorrow is not promised, but today is.

Today is still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment